We're just a week away from recording our album! We've been diligently preparing with weekly rehearsals, individual practice, tweaking musical details, and planning all the logistics of recording.
One important aspect of our preparation is to make sure our instruments are in peak condition. Allan has been testing out different drums and drum heads to ensure that his kit sounds exactly the way he wants it. I spent a couple days last week putting all new strings on the harp. The tone sounds much more resonant and pure now!
In case you've ever wondered how to change harp strings, here's a picture of my setup, including new strings, a tuning key, wire cutters (for the bass strings), nail clippers (for the nylon and gut strings in the upper registers), and the ever-important cup of green tea:
I also took a little time-lapse video as I replaced one string...just imagine doing this 47 times!
Don't forget to pre-order your album to support this recording project! Any amount is helpful, and the rewards start at $10: